Located between the depths of the North Atlantic and Florida’s eastern coast, Nassau Bahamas is the maritime playground for sun-starved Americans. The stunning string of subtropical islands is made of more than 700 islands and is lined with fathomless ocean trenches and spectacular coral reefs. Book Nassau vacation rentals right away and embark on a holiday amidst an array of beaches, historic towns, and forests. Discover the Bahamian islands framed by a backdrop of stunning and mesmerizing blue. Look forward to an opportunity to discover an entirely new part of the. Try out different restaurants, visit the quirky neighborhoods and discover hidden gems for an exciting experience.
Why go to Nassau Bahamas?
The major attraction of the Bahamas lies in its beaches. It is hard for the beach lovers to reset the powder-soft, limestone-white sands and the sea and sky. Those deep ocean channels and shallow banks connect those hundreds of islands and cays located in the Atlantic. Along with the beaches, visitors flock here because of the vibrant nightlife and a diverse choice of restaurants. Plan an island-hopping holiday to experience the different sides of The Bahamas.
When to go to Nassau Bahamas?
The Bahamas is a year-round destination and tourists arrive here all throughout the year. December to April are the driest months and the peak season because of the perfect temperatures. February and March are the peak season months and lure party-loving students from the US. The summer months are humid and hotter, but one can still get some great deals. However, open should avoid visiting during August to October which is the hurricane season. Another ideal time late April to June when one can avoid the higher season rates and enjoy the excellent weather conditions.
What should you know before you go?
The Bahamian dollar is at par with the US dollar and the VAT charged here is at 7.5%. Tipping is customary with porters, tour guides, taxi drivers, and bartenders. However, one avoid tipping twice and check the bill carefully. Rake and Scrape is the popular Bahamian music and is in a rhythmic folk style.
Best places to enjoy food and drinks
It is a good idea to perk up your appetite before you arrive in Nassau. After all, you need to explore the wide range of restaurants to satisfy your palate. Enjoy the classic Italian fare at Luciano’s of Chicago and the dazzling sushi dishes at Nobu. Mediterranean-inspired meals can be enjoyed at Olives Meze Grill. You are going to love guava duff if looking for an authentic Bahamian dessert. You can enjoy decadent steak and seafood at Wild Thyme. Baha Mar serves a wide range of wine, beer, and cocktails. Halcyon bar on Charlotte Street is known for its creative appetizers.
What are the local attractions?
There are lots of local attractions in Nassau and depending on your preferences and interests; the island can keep open busy for days. History buffs can explore Fort Montagu, Fort Fincastle, and Fort Charlotte. Some of those forts date back to the 18th century, and a visit to those forts take one a step back in time to the city’s history. National Art Gallery is a must visit for those interested in art and culture.
- Visit the Ocean Club Spa to enjoy the wide variety of services influenced by Bahamian culture and Asian traditions. Have your massage or treatment at the Ocean Club Spa,
- Take advantage of the Seaplane Charters at the Cove Atlantis on Paradise Island. Explore the outer islands to enjoy culinary excursions, fishing in Bimini and art-focused mini-getaways.
- Take private lessons in Golf and Tennis to feel your athleticism. Spend the day golfing on at the designed 18-hole green with the backdrop of ocean surrounding the course. Train under the best resident tennis trainers.
- Your trip to Nassau would remain incomplete without those underwater activities. Arrange for a private dive or snorkeling trip for that unique underwater experience.
- Go for rum tasting at John Watling’s Distillery. Take the tours of the renovated historic estate and take an optional tasting or cocktail break. The tours last for about 15 minutes and make for a great break.
- Enjoy looking at the striking art on the walls of the Jane Waterous art gallery. Alternatively, you can take the morning yoga classes held every day, and one can ask for private appointments.
- Visit the Balcony house, an 18th-century landmark. The pink two-story house with its overhanging balcony is a delightful structure. Feel the elegance of a bygone era as you enter the residential structure and its mahogany staircase.
- Another must-see is the Christ Church cathedral that was built in 1837. It is a joy to look at the stained-glass windows of the church’s spacious interiors with handcrafted dark wood. The Crucifixion depicts the Empty Tomb and the Ascension.
Where to Shop in Nassau?
Marina Village is made up of many shops comprised of jewelry boutiques and Tortuga Rum Cakes. The Crystal Court Shops housed within Atlantis features luxury brands like Gucci, Chopard, and Versace. Bay Street’s Straw Market sells trinkets and souvenirs. Discover a wide range of local crafts and other authentic items that reflect the culture and creativity of the island. You are sure enthralled by the shops and products you will find in the stylish boutiques in Nassau’s Bay Street. It is hard to ignore the Festival Palace, an orange, yellow and white building with the main tourism office and a post office. You will find the finest local artists and crafts here and this is a great destination if you are searching for a great shopping experience.